Self Guided E Bike Tour to Husk Farm Distillery via the Rail Trail
Cruise with ease on an E Bike along the Northern Rivers Rail Trail and the cane fields & rainforest beyond to end up at award winning Husk Farm Distillery for a well earned drink before we pick you up and return to the start.
The Northern Rivers Rail Trail is a 24km purpose built bike trail following the old Casino to Murwillumbah railway line through the Tweed hinterland.
- Amazing varied scenery
- Old bridges, two tunnels (one 524m long with glowworms & Micro bats!)
- Quirky hinterland towns
- Cafes, restaurants and local produce
- Tweed Regional Art Gallery, potteries & antique shops
Between Murwillumbah and Tumbulgum is an amazing climb up through the rainforest to experience expansive ocean views and deserted backroads followed by a stunning descent to the river through Duroby nature reserve.
- There are two hills to climb, but with our E Bikes you will cruise up with ease.
Husk Farm Distillery at Tumbulgum is home to Husk rum and Ink gin and Australia's only farm to bottle rum distillery.
- A great place to relax after your ride, enjoy tastings & a bite to eat at their great restaurant (wed-sun)
At Beyond Byron E Bikes we believe riding a great E Bike is part of the experience.
- We use near new German made FOCUS & KALKHOFF E Bikes, many with super-smooth belt drives.
- We have you size, kids E Bikes up to XL E Bikes and trailers for the toddlers.
- Latest BOSCH Smart System motors with 4 levels of assistance up to 25km/h and are seamless in operation.
- All bikes have puncture proof tyres and gel seats
- If you can ride a bike, you can ride one of our E Bikes.
- WARNING! once you try an E Bike you will want to buy one! (and we sell them too!)
- Our E bike tour starts at Mooball, the south end of the Northern Rivers Rail Trail (easiest access from Byron Bay, Lennox Heads, Ballina etc). 30 mins from Byron Bay.
- You have plenty of time (up to 5 and half hours) to go to Husk and stop for lunch along the way or eat at Husk. (Approx 3 hours cycling)
- This tour is half off road and half on road (most roads are v quiet, there is one small section with some traffic). Not recommended for children under 14.
- We provide - awesome E Bike, approved GIRO helmet, lights, lock & pannier or backpack, navigation via our custom smartphone app and battery power-bank for your phone
- You need - closed shoes (trainers ideal), water bottle and appropriate exercise clothing & fully charged smartphone
About Beyond Byron E Bikes
Beyond Byron E Bikes is dedicated to giving you the
best possible experience in nature.
- We are the longest running E Bike tour operator in the Northern Rivers.
- Awarded the "Best E Bike tour in Australia and 13th best in the world" by Tripadvisor
- We provide full support - a full briefing on the E Bikes and the route and can rescue you if anything happens.
- We are dedicated to ECO Tourism - Fully accredited ECO Tourism Business and ECO Pass holder for operating in National Parks.
- Local Knowledge - we have been running E Bike tours since 2019 so know all the best places to go.