Be immersed in nature on an E Bike!
The Northern Rivers Rail Trail is a 24km purpose built bike trail following the old Casino to Murwillumbah railway line through the Tweed hinterland.
- Amazing varied scenery
- Old bridges, two tunnels (one 524m long with glowworms & Micro bats!)
- Quirky hinterland towns
- Cafes, restaurants and local produce
- Art galleries, potteries, antique shops
- Easy cycling, no cars, great for the whole family, level surface (compacted gravel and tarmac)
At Beyond Byron E Bikes we believe riding a great E Bike is part of the experience.
- We use near new German made FOCUS & KALKHOFF E Bikes, many with super-smooth belt drives.
- We have your size - XS,S,M,L & XL E Bikes as well as 24" kids e bikes (6-8 yrs), 20" tag-a-longs (4-5 yrs) and trailers & baby seats (1-3 yrs) for toddlers. We even have Dog trailers (up to 25kg) for your pooch!
- All E Bikes have the latest BOSCH Smart System motors with 4 levels of assistance up to 25km/h and are seamless in operation.
- All bikes have puncture proof tyres, mud guards & gel seats
- We have a small fleet of high quality & well maintained e bikes.
- If you can ride a bike, you can ride one of our E Bikes.
- WARNING! once you try an E Bike you will want to buy one! (and we sell them too!)
- Our E bike hire starts at Mooball, the south end of the Northern Rivers Rail Trail (easiest access from Byron Bay, Lennox Heads, Ballina etc)
- You have plenty of time (up to 5 hours) to go to Murwillumbah and back and stop for lunch along the way.
- We provide - awesome E Bike, approved GIRO helmet, lights, lock & pannier or backpack.
- You need - closed shoes (trainers ideal), water bottle and appropriate exercise clothing.
Want to go on a longer ride?
- You can ride the Rail Trail in an hour and a half, if you would like to explore more add in a visit to a national park, secluded waterfall or end up at the award winning Husk Farm distillery. Check out our one way self guided E Bike tours below.
About Beyond Byron E Bikes
Beyond Byron E Bikes is dedicated to giving you the
best possible experience in nature.
- We are the longest running E Bike tour operator in the Northern Rivers.
- Awarded the "Best E Bike tour in Australia and 13th best in the world" by Tripadvisor
- We provide full support - a full briefing on the E Bikes and the route and can rescue you if anything happens.
- We are dedicated to ECO Tourism - Fully accredited ECO Tourism Business and ECO Pass holder for operating in National Parks.
- Locally owned with local knowledge - we have been running E Bike tours since 2019 so know all the best places to go.
E Bike - Adult $119
E Bike - Kids 24" $109
Kids 20" tag-a-long$25
Kids trailer (sgl/dbl) $25/$35
Dog trailer $35